By the end of this online course delegates will demonstrate an understanding of the following:
- Safety management and how to apply its’ policy and principles into their working environment
- The value of an organisation having a SMS in place and the possible legal implications of not having one
- The importance of a positive safety culture
- The need for meaningful hazard identification and risk assessment to increase safety levels.
This training course will include the following topics:
- SMS in simple terms
- Benefits of having an effective SMS and the consequences of not having one
- Roles in a SMS – from Accountable Manager to front-line staff
- The meaning of safety and acceptable levels of safety
- How SMS is an integrated part of the ways of working
- Components of a safety culture
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for individuals who are interested to get in Aviation or for those working in the aviation industry who require an introduction to Safety Management Systems to fulfill their role in contributing to safety.